- The email group
- Search the archive for recommended services
- Road representatives
- Picture gallery
- Special issues
Trouble-shooting on the WERA group
Some members have found that they suddenly stop receiving WERA messages. If that happens to you, check your own email system to see if:
- WERA messages are being treated as spam, and channeled into a spam folder. You may be able to prevent that by including email@example.com in your address book.
- your system has a list of ‘blocked’ email addresses which includes firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m afraid I can’t tell you how to find the spam or blocking information as email systems are so different; try googling for your email system and the problem (e.g. ‘thunderbird blocking’).
To leave the group:
- Go to the foot of any message, and hit ‘Unsubscribe’.
- Alternatively, go to the group web page.
- Click the ‘Subscription’ tab on the left.
- Run right down to the bottom of the page and hit the big red button labelled ‘unsubscribe’.
- If this fails, contact the list owner.
The purpose of the list is to exchange views and information on local issues that are likely to be of interest to other members of the list. While members are free to express any opinions they hold, they should be aware that in a forum of over 200 people, at least some members are likely to hold opposing views, so offensive language should never be used.. Please apply the same standards as you would apply in talking face-to-face to the person concerned. The list owners will not hesitate to remove any member who repeatedly sends messages that offend other members.
Disclaimer: WERA takes no responsibility for any information or recommendations made by contributors to this email group.
The archive of the old Yahoo group has disappeared, but the groups.io archive is growing and will become increasingly important. Fortunately, it’s also much easier to use than the Yahoo archive was.
If the WERA archive doesn’t give you what you’re looking for, try the much bigger and better organised one at HarringayOnline.
- Go to the group website and make sure you’re logged in.
- Click on the ‘Messages’ tab on the left.
Enter your search item in the search box.
At least once each year our road representatives distribute a newsletter to every household on the Warner estate. Copies of old newsletters can be found here.
We hold an Annual General Meeting in the summer, and include a talk on some topic of local interest by an invited speaker. The minutes of past AGMs are archived.